ForumsWEPRCar running on water

41 7931
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,831 posts
Nomad

This
guy made a kit, which if installed in a car will cut down gas usage by 60%, He is trying to improve it so a car can be run on water 100%.
I think if this technology works, world politics will change radically.
Whar are your opinions about this?

• 41 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,064 posts
Jester

Okay so I just took a look at the source, both the article and the video, and while my Hindi isn't perfect, so far as I could tell, they never really mentioned the science behind it.

Actually science has progressed, it's now a balanced exchange the amount of energy required to extract hydrogen is now the same as that which is produced.

I read a news in an URDU news paper that this project was started by some americans in 60's but was halted for its potential to become a hydrogen bomb and most of ppl involved died unnatural deaths.

That's impossible, a hydrogen bomb requires fission to happen which takes far more energy than a combustion engine could produce, and more importantly, it requires nuclear material, which wasn't present in your everyday automobile. I can promise you that.

Now addressing the idea of a car such as this in general, even if it was created, it wouldn't be around for long before the major oil companies and their lobbyists buried it, mainly because as it is, the industry provides to much to the global economy to risk cutting it off without a massive crisis. I have no doubt that over time the gas industry will slowly become electric, and then fusion powered, as technology becomes available. Simply because it'll be cheaper which means those companies make a greater profit, as it is, things like this, as nice as they may sound are too inefficient for mass usage, realistically speaking, it's just not gonna happen.

@Dewi

You seem very positive that this project is either a fake or that it will not work, may I ask why?
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

You seem very positive that this project is either a fake or that it will not work, may I ask why?

Primarily because I don't understand how it could work. I've been reading up since I saw this thread as it is something that interests me, and there does seem to be examples all over the world of cars running similar systems, but then there are people who are arguing within the same articles that water-power doesn't work.

Confuses me that a process to extract hydrogen that takes equal or greater energy put in as is taken out can then reduce the amount of diesel needed to travel a set distance. Unless the hydrogen gives the diesel engine a significant boost, the energy required to produce the hydrogen would have already been used by the engine.

And as I said before, considering hydrogen is explosive and the process must generate at least some heat, surely it is a recipe for disaster?

I agree that something significant would have to be invented that the oil companies could profit from if they were to shift away from oil, but getting that invention past the oil companies in the first place could prove impossible. I've continued to search for the engine mentioned years ago on the internet that disappeared as fast as it appeared. I can't even remember the name of it, which isn't helping, but if the engine didn't do what it claimed to do, surely there would still be some reference to it on the internet to prove that it couldn't deliver?

I've followed the development of the electric car, and that has a good way to go before it becomes practical. The range of the batteries and the recharge time makes it unsuitable for all but inner city travel and considering most major cities are desperately trying to increase and improve public transport, it leaves the electric car somewhat redundant for those environments as well.
dair5
dair5
3,381 posts
Shepherd

Simply because it'll be cheaper which means those companies make a greater profit, as it is, things like this, as nice as they may sound are too inefficient for mass usage, realistically speaking, it's just not gonna happen.

I agree. The longer they wait the harder the change will be on people. The change needs to ease its way in much faster. And I didn't know that they didn't explain the science behind it. This makes me a skeptical on the subject. Because they say it releases oxygen, but if you need to pour in desil and water, then you will end up with some carbon and hydrogen left over. They never explained where this went.
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

As I understand it, the water comes in the form of distilled water which is broken down into hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen is pumped into the diesel engine and this is supposed to make the engine more economical and use less diesel.

Where it breaks down is how the distilled water is separated. Is it the diesel engine that does this or a battery? Where does the energy come from to separate the water into its gas components?

As far as leftovers are concerned, if a diesel engine runs at 60% efficiency, surely there must be some CO2 produced? And there will definitely be a 'leak' of hydrogen, so the vehicle would not just produce oxygen.

Whether I understand it or not though, at least people are trying all over the world to find a replacement for oil, whether or not it is successful.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,715 posts
Blacksmith

Primarily because I don't understand how it could work

He used electrolysis to separate H2 and O2

electrolysis is used to seperate the atoms from the water so you get a tank full with H and a tank full with O. then they get put together so you get water again. the energy that comes out of this orces is higher than the energy that you used for the electrolysis.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,715 posts
Blacksmith

sorry for the double post, i meant process instead of orces.

volcanboy
volcanboy
428 posts
Nomad

Only Jesus can run on water. Period.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

electrolysis is used to seperate the atoms from the water so you get a tank full with H and a tank full with O. then they get put together so you get water again. the energy that comes out of this orces is higher than the energy that you used for the electrolysis.

I understand that, but the energy extracted is equal or greater than the energy put in. Or at least that has been the case up until now. What has changed that means that this is now viable?
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

He couldn't walk on water, it was an exaggeration... he was just very good on ice skates.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,449 posts
Jester

I doubt it will be made. OPEC has too much power over the industry. If it does get created in a practical way, there will be a huge campaign about how unstable/dangerous it is, even if it's completely safe.

lol When I first saw the thread title I thought the same thing.
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
710 posts
Nomad

Car running on water... Yes that would save alot of pollution in the world.. but then Water would be expensive. And what kind of water would it be? Pure or salt water? If this happened and we needed water we would be draining earth dry of its water supply.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,449 posts
Jester

Pure or salt water?

You'd need a desalination system to remove the salt, but it could work.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,715 posts
Blacksmith

If this happened and we needed water we would be draining earth dry of its water supply.

we are splitting the water molekule H2O into single H-atoms and single O-atoms and put them later back together. but with the polars melting we will have enough water, i think.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
552 posts
Nomad

Pure or salt water?

Can't be salt water, that produces a toxic gas when introduced to an electric current as the occupants of an electric submarine found out when there was a hull breach.

Distilled would be the weapon of choice.
dieath
dieath
231 posts
Nomad

cars don't run you silly goose

Showing 16-30 of 41

We may use cookies to help customize your experience, including performing analytics and serving ads.
Learn More