Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,704 Replies
7. Why doesn't it work? I've only messed up when there was a non-counting post.
2. Why did you restart?
3. I'm also curious. Are you new here?
4. I ain't doing it, Yellowcat, I had Santa Claws as armatar before SoG was created!
What non-counting post, Portarto? HahiHa's? This game is basically the mods' playground. They do whatever they wish. But if you feel their power should be authentic...
4.1 The count shall NOT be restarted from 1 if:
4.1.1 a post without a number is made, except in the case of a stopping post.
1. Ooh, I just remembered. Greenthunder's post was a spam post, defined by section 2.4, which means we must reset.
2. Welp, here we go again.
3. I don't see why you can't read the text next to our Armatars. Sooner or later people will pick the same ones.
It is correct that one should not post without a number, or without bolding the number if it is not at the start of the post. But, as sciller pointed out, it is also correct that such a post shall not restart the count. Or, as the Scriptures of Gantic say, "There aren't any consequences for the count, but there might be oer[sic] consequences." The main consequence being that a non-count post does not contribute to the count and will be completely ignored if part of a successful count (including no quest and merit). If repeated, they can be considered as disruptive to the team effort and get you a reprimand.
The reason I am not posting a number is that I am the commissioner, a.k.a. the judge, of the count. My posts are usually more administrative in nature and theoretically I am unable to make a stopping post (or even a counting post) since I am not really part of either team (users or mods) in regard to this game.
4. Thanks for the clarification.
I ain't doing it, Yellowcat, I had Santa Claws as armatar before SoG was created!
I'm sorry, but my coin flip picked you as the one who has to change. Don't blame me, blame the random selection algorithm.
6. I'm grateful it didn't pick me. Still I might be changing anyway if Ruffle ever becomes available in full.
7. Ah, I see now, Mr. commissioner.
8. Does anyone know what the Scriptures of Gantic are or did he just make that up and make it sound cool?
9. I recognize the emperor has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid... stupid, foolish decision, I've elected to ignore it. But just so I please you, I'll throw a coin. Heads means I keep my avatar.
Shall_I_keep_my_armatar? = Tails
You must be logged in to post a reply!